Sunday, May 8, 2011

I have the MOST Amazing mom

I have done quite a few scrapbooking pages about my mom, however I don't know if I have really ever told you much about my mom!She was Raised in Salt Lake City, Graduated from Hillcrest High School, Met my Dad at BYU, and got married when she was 19 years old. She had 5 children, all without an epideral ... 4 girls and 1 boy. (Printed in Creating Keepsakes Magazine 2010)
My mom was a stay at home mom, however she never had a moment that she was bored. I am much like my mom ... can't ever seem to relax without a project in hand. Let me just list a few of her MANY talents.

She is a watercolor artist and in fact I can remember many many days sitting by my mom water coloring with her as a young girl. She was so patient to let me create things myself, teach me techniques, and let my creativity soar!

She loves to scrapbook (and is the reason for me getting started!) She loves to create family histories that leave an impression on people. A few years back she made a "Mom, where did I come from?" Album and gave it all to us for Christmas. It was the written histories, pedigree charts, and pictures of many of my ancestors. It will forever be cherished!

She is an AMAZING cook, and my love for cooking came from her. Every night, at 6 pm on the dot (still haven't mastered that!) we had dinner on the table. It was always well balanced with a fruit and vegetable. Every Sunday it was usually Roast Beef and Potatoes (Dad's Favorite), and was always sure to let us help.(Printed in Creating Keepsakes Magazine 2010)
She has the most organized and clean home you have EVER seen! She prides herself on Cleanliness and makes her house a home. Because of the habits she taught all of us growing up, we have been able to stay organized and clean. I don't know if I will ever be as amazing as she is on keeping up on her house, but I sure do try!

She is an AMAZING seamstress! When she had young kids, my parents had a very low income. She would take old dresses of hers and make cloths for my older siblings! She always made us dresses for Easter, and Christmas. Even today she has become addicted to Quilting and stitchery. I am amazed by the awesome things she creates and not only that ... but how fast she does them.

She taught my dad to snow ski, and is the reason for all of us loving motorcycles! She taught me to ski at 3 and I even had my own dirt bike at 5 years old! She was always about creating memories for us and our family!

She always seeks to do things to make me happy. In Jr. High she told me if I saved up for my own airline ticket, she would take me to Disneyland. Well I did it ... and we went on vacation all by ourselves just she and I. For Mother's Day, Adam took the day off this past Friday, and so I could have a day to do whatever I wanted. My mom came with me and we enjoyed an incredible day in Salt Lake. I even had a Doctor's appointment at the University of Utah that lasted 4 hours. She was so patient to sit with me and calm my frustrations as the time was ticking away, and my shopping hours were decreasing by the minute!

She absolutely loves her Grandkids and spoils them rotten. Each Sunday she provides popcorn, dessert, and candy galore. She loves them so much and would do anything for them.

I am SO extremely lucky to have the mom I have and I love her more than I can express! I hope I can even be half the mom she was to me!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!
I love you lots!

(This is my gift to her. She has 20 grandkids ... so it was hard to fit all the flowers). Sorry I did get it posted earlier. Idea for next year right??

15 comments:

Maggie said...

I agree, your mom is amazing, and you are right up there with her!

Wendy said...

Such a cute Mother's Day gift!

Natasha said...

so lovely!!

just to let you know that i have featured the flowers on my blog
www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Natasha xx

Michelle Lundy said...

I wanted to let you know I found the flower pot picture on Pinterest and decided to use it in my classroom.

I also followed the Pin all the way back to you so I could link you in my blog post about it.

I always want to give credit where credit is due!

I love how ours turned out and so do my students!

Thanks for sharing and I'm now following you!!

~Michelle

Ann said...

I found this project on Pinterest too. Love it - I'm going to make a version for my Mum on our UK Mothers Day - she's 87 and so hard to make something for as she has everything she needs and sooooooo many knic-knacks.... but this is perfect. Thank you for your inspiration.

Leslie B said...

I also found your flowers on Pintrest and I just love it! I am going to do is for all of the Grandma's in my life... Thank you for sharing them :)

Alli @ Cupcake Diaries said...

Hi! I am a new follower of your blog and I just love it. I'm sharing your cute Mother's Day idea on my blog along with some other great Mother's Day ideas. Thank you for being so creative so the rest of us can make fun things! :)

Michelle said...

How did you make the flowers?

Debra Kapellakis said...

thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how to make the flowers I want to make this for my mom for mothers day badly!!!

Barbara Platt said...

http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/2012/05/momtreprenuers-of-day-sharing-my.html

shelleweb said...

I stumbled here from Pinterest too! Just wanted to say what a great idea the flower pot picture is, absolutely love it :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to make somcething like this for my grandma. She loves homemade gifts and anything that includes pictures. But I was wondering since I'm not so crafty is how you made the flowers and what all is needed to do this.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. My daughter is about to graduate from Pre-K on Thursday and I think this will be a great teacher gift for her teachers. Looks like I'm on my way to the craft store and to email all the moms in the class for photos.

Mariela Parma said...

Super original!! felicidades!!!!